Friday, February 15, 2013

Occupy Media!

If you read my first entry of this journel, you would know my stance on media.  If used as a tool, technology is an highly effective object for humans.  With that said, has it become more of a dependency for humans.  Today, I try to withstand the addicts urge to use media.

I've been forced to go months without media prior to this experiment, therefore, I considered it an effortless experiment.  Or so I thought.

I couldnt make it 10 minutes into my 20 minute commute to school before I had to throw the radio on to kill the silence.  As it turns out, my brain is an evil thing, with silence it allows my brain to have a direct passage to insanity, by means of over thinking.  Nonetheless, I figured I'd just continue to go cell phone-less.  I made it for the most part the entire day there, it helps that I probably only have 3 people in my life worth talking to so winner winner chicken dinner!

However, when I got home, I had to use the internet for a homework assignment and then gave up entirely and decided to watch The Following on FOX.

Once again, I was unable to forcefully reject the temptation of media.  This scares me because of the importance media has become on our life's as humans, but at the same time, is there any real negative stigma that comes with media other than the percentage of time it consumes on our daily life?

No comments:

Post a Comment