Friday, February 15, 2013

Magazines

Today, I went to a Shell gas station for a subway sandwich and a Full Throttle energy drink.  While I was there, I decided to do my assignment of observing the magazine rack.

What I noticed wasn't all that surprising.  Almost all of the magazines had a "young" celebrity or person of great shape.  In my opinion, this is to target the youth audience of America.  Of course,  there were other magazines that didn't have great looking people on the covers, however, that was supplemented for guns, trucks and technology gadgets.  This clearly shows that the cover is meant to grab the attention of their entended audience.

I believe magazines must grab their entended audience at first glance, because it was wasn't as clear as day what their magazine was about and for whom it is entended for, magazines would only be found a your local museums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment