The news web site I've decided to look at is; www.mmajunkie.com. This is a MMA news forum that is held highly in the MMA world, which is also operated by USA TODAY Sports.
More often than not, in the MMA world deception is a huge key used to promote fights. This starts immediately after a win or loss, but a fighters momentum is the only thing that helps brand his image and chances of moving forward to the ultimate goal of a title fight. With that said, almost any news put out about a fighter has the feeling of it being leaked by a PR source. In todays front page of mmajunkie.com, I can say at least 4 of the 12 articles have the PR source vibe. As for the other 3/4th of the articles, they are actually just fight recaps from this past weekends PPV card.
My feelings on PR are neutral I understand controlling your image as best as possible, especially in the fighting world where your image is everything. I could see where some people would become upset because they feel they arent receiving the full truth, but in todays world where money drives everything, you have to have the mind set of questioning the source because no matter if its good or bad press, almost everything written is bias to someone, therefore you watch every step you take to develop your own opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment